Yesterday evening, I had my interview with an AdCom of Rotterdam School of Management (RSM). This interview was over Skype because I was not able to attend the interview held previous week when she was in Bangalore (due to some personal reasons).
The interview started at 8:30 PM IST and went over for about 35 minutes. She decided to switch off her cam, because of dim lights in room. I was on cam.
This interview was a little different from my earlier ones in respect of some very new questions. Here they go (not in the exact order they were asked):
1. I have read your essays. I want to know why you chose this year to apply for MBA? Do you think it is a perfect time for MBA for you?
2. You have mentioned your career goal in your essays. Could you explain in detail about it? What exactly is your plan, which is your targeted companies, etc.?
3. I see that you have served in one of the companies for just 4 months? Why you left it so early? Do you think you could have waited for some more time there?
4. Tell me something about the NGO you are associated with and your responsibilities there?
5. If I say, that you are taking this interview for RSM, then what is that one key thing you would be looking in the applicant?
6. How are the key things that influences Indian businessmen or entrepreneurs in doing business?
7. How your friends describe you in 3 words?
8. What will you bring to the RSM community?
9. What is that one thing you are very passionate about at this point in your life?
10. What are the things that really daunts you when you think of coming to RSM?
11. Do you think you are a leader? Why you think that? What kind of leader are you?
12. What kind of leadership skills you want to improve upon in RSM?
13. What changes you see in yourself after doing MBA from RSM?
14. If career is not a factor, do you want to get settled in Netherlands or back in your country?
15. In one of your essays, you have mentioned about a very harrowing event of your life? What is the biggest learning you took from it? Could that event happen again in your life?
16. Why you chose this career in Information Technology? What drives you about your job?
17. If I say tomorrrow is your holiday, how would you like to spent your entire day?
These are more or less all the questions she asked. I will get to know the result next week. I am not yet selected in any school, and if this time I got selected, I will be in soup. I won't be able to leave the school nor I would love to have my honeymoon in there ;)
But still I hope to taste that soup!